Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default TV

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 03:16:47 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 02:06:57 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Ktech wrote:

My 17 year old TV just quit and it's time for a new one.
I would like HDTV about 40" but I am at a loss regarding them
and I don,t know where to start. Any help ---Mfg ------- type-------
reliability would really help.
Thanks and Merry Christmas
Frank

Hi,
If you like Plasma then panasonic or LG. If you like LCD then Sharp.
If you like projection type then JVC LCos. All has good and bad side.
Currently I have 42" Panasonic Plasma which we like. To get the full
benefit of it, you need a good surround sound audio package to go with
the set. I have all under one unified remote control to keep peace in
the family. Wife does not bother me any more when she wants to watch
something or listen to something from different sources. Just pushing
one button on the remote does it all. I think this is very important, LOL!
Happy holidays!

Unified remotes really need to be learning-capable, so they can be set
up the way YOU want.

Also, if you're considering one with a touch screen, you need to try
it first. These are nearly unusable to some people.

BTW, I used that capability to eliminate the "autof*ck" button that
was on the front of my TV's remote. That's actually called "picture
reset", but you might think something else when you've spent an hour
or more getting the picture adjusted how you like and ONE
unintentional press messes that all up.

Hi,
No matter what the tool is, knowing how to use it is the thing.

Does that have anything to do with what I just posted? What?

I hope you're not assuming perfection. Such a thing doesn't exist, and
can't.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"How could you ask be to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster