GB

Default Car air-conditioning smells

"Toolmaker" wrote in message

"GB" wrote in message
My wife bought herself a new car with air conditioning about 6 months

ago.
It now has a nasty (sweaty feet) sort of smell when the ventilation is
switched on.

The smell is due to fungal growths in the damp conditions in the air

ducts.
Turn the heater onto full hot (A/C off) and leave it for a few minutes
(after the car has reached operating temperature, obviously). This will

dry
the air ducts and kill the smell. Best to do this every few weeks.

Okay - this sounds the easiest solution, so we'll try that first. Thanks for
the advice.

Are we all going to die from Legionaire's Disease?

No

That's good

Thanks everyone for helping.