Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default OK - I Got A Chainsaw - Now What?

"charlie b" wrote in message
So George, and any other very experienced folks out there -
what's obvious to you may not be obvious to someone else
with less experience and hard earned knowledge. Often it's
the little things that don't seem worth mentioning that can
mean the difference between success and failure, or even the
willingness to try.

You ask for comments then come with this attitude? Saying it looks like a
standard way is support, validation that there's nothing so horrible or
dangerous as to disqualify it. Also nothing terribly different from any of a
half-dozen other sites bookmarked on this box showing the same, but that's
because _it's pretty much standard_.

I mentioned my back and how I prefer to baby it by bending not lifting, then
I mentioned the use of a particular tool to get a quick and safe level
surface for sawing. I guess those don't qualify as the little things that
don't seem worthwhile? Sheesh!