Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default A GOOD Shop Vac?

On Dec 13, 11:57 pm, wrote:
Can you recommend a good shop vac for an at-home puttering type not a
pro............price a consideration too!

I agree with Doug Miller that the ShopVac Contractor series is an
excellent choice. I spent the extra on the stainless one but that may
be over-kill for a putterer. I like that vac as much as a couple of
'pro' vacs I own, which I use for specific sanding applications. (HEPA
down to 0.3 micron)
ShopVacs are cool because you can get bags and stuff for them
everywhere and they're almost all upgradable to HEPA standards.

I don't know what's up with these new-fangled combo units with
leaf-blowers, water-pumps, hairdryers, lawn-ornaments, surround sound,
'tastes-like-butter' attachments.