Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hall Dave Hall is offline

Default A GOOD Shop Vac?

On 13 Dec 2006 20:57:20 -0800, wrote:

Can you recommend a good shop vac for an at-home puttering type not a
pro............price a consideration too!

As others have mentioned, in the consumer grade there isn't going to
be an enormous difference in quality among the bigger names (ShopVac,
Rigid, Craftsman (sears), etc.) I would be more concerned with
features based on your needs. I have a sears vac that I have been
happy with. It has an exhaust outlet on top for the hose that turns it
into a wheel based blower. Some units don't have that capability.
Others are designed to allow you to take the motor off and turn it
into a "portable" blower. If you expect to use the wet capability,
look for a drain cock in the body (mine does not have one but I have
never used the wet feature anyhow). Unless you spend big bucks, your
vac WILL be loud.

Dave Hall