Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default A GOOD Shop Vac?

wrote:
Can you recommend a good shop vac for an at-home puttering type not a
pro............price a consideration too!

If by good you mean good suction and longevity, I've had my 3 HP? 16
gal Craftsman for about 15 years or so now. I was the most powerful
they sold then, so I suspect the only thing that's changed is the bogus
way they compute horsepower. When the filter is reasonably clean it'll
suck the curtains off the walls (well, it would if I had curtains in my
shop). But the shreik it puts out has an annoyance factor second only
to a cheap router mounted in an aluminum table. I expect you'll have
to do some research and spend some dollars to get a quiet vac that will
equal its performance though.

DonkeyHody
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there."