Posted to alt.home.repair
Stacia Stacia is offline

Default toilet problem

writes:

More info might help. Are you in a city, country? Is the city doing any
work in the area?

I'm in a town. There's no work in the area that I know of, we haven't
seen or heard any machinery.
Today I seemed to be able to trace the smell to the sinks next to the
toilet. The toilet itself doesn't seem to be the problem. I've checked
all the other drains (washer, a/c, kitchen) and there are no smells
there, so I presume there's a blockage in the sinks. One sink is never
used, but it doesn't smell as bad as the other sink we use all the time.
And my husband can't smell it, of course. That figures!

Stacia