Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Paul Mc Paul Mc is offline

Default Lasrejet toner up the duff? Or summat else..

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
rusty wrote:
My Laserjet 6P has developed a rather faint print..especially at te left
hand edge..and seems to be having some sort of double vision..extra black
text has a faint shadow about 1mm to the right of the actual print..

before I stump up ££££ on a new toner cartridge - and this one is fairly
new.. is it summat else? Fuser? Not that I really know what that is or

How old is the cartridge. I noted recently there is a 6 year use-before
recommendation, at least on 4P ones.

yeah..well..I got it about three years ago I think.

Never mind. Pretty sure a new one will cure it..its at least got a bit
darker..even if the ghosts are still there.

rusty.

I expect everyone knows this already, but http://www.supercharge.co.uk
in Gwydir Street are very helpful and good value for Laserjet
cartridges. I just had to buy one for a friend and they charged £25
versus the £70 it would have cost for a new HP one in Staples, They
deliver too.

Paul