Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dusty house 2

Just a thought; Is it possible that your clothes dryer exhaust is near the
return for this unit? Maybe the ducts are in the same wall cavity?

"Joe" wrote in message
I have a dusty house, like Charlie, with a different twist. This house

(in
N. Texas) has three AC systems, two of which show no unusual build-up of
dust on the filters after a month or two. The third, which serves the
master bedroom and bath, collects a considerable amount of gray

dust--enough
to obscure the surface of the filter--in a month. The filters are the
standard 1-inch filters in the return vents, and I'm using Filtrete
electrostatics. This seems to me to point to an open duct, but I haven't
been able to find one. I understand that simply taping everything with
duct-tape isn't considered adequate. I'm not opposed to hiring someone to
fix it if I could be convinced that it is a duct problem. Any more ideas?
Thanks, Joe