Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Gas or Electric Heat?

"Doug" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:09:22 -0500, "Colbyt"
Central Kentucky KU Energy Actual bill 10/26/06

base rate (not full electric) 0.053629343629344 per KWH
Actual rate with all the crap and taxes added on 0.068429858429858 per
KWH

Total electric is a little cheaper.

Colbyt

What's the energy source for their generators? Hydroelectric?
Are you part of the Tennesse Valley Authority's hydroelectric
generating plants?

Nuclear?

Any fossil fuel generation can't supply electricity at those rates...
The parts of the USA that depend on fossil fuel generating plants have
to charge about 3 times your quoted rates. That's about 80% of the
country.

Doug

I am just a country boy so I'm not real sure. They haul a lot of coal over
there to that there plant.

Coal is a fossil fuel of sorts isn't it?

Maybe it is an abundant supply and a short haul that makes it so cheap.

I think you can view the rates online at kuenergy.com

I know it hurts to see prices that cheap. Bourbon costs a lot more.

Colbyt