Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Clips for recessed lights

On 13 Dec 2006 08:50:33 -0800, "farseer"
wrote:

Hi,

Is there an easier way to install a recessed light than having to use
the clips that usually come with the package to keep the bracket in
place and secure. I had to remove some recessed lights to check the
wiring recently, and it was extremely difficult. I could not get these
clips off. Eventually i was able to get the recessed light fixture
out, but had done a bit of damge to the bracket in trying to get the
clips out. The clips are basically useless now as well (they are all
bent up).

If there are no other options than to use these clips, where would i be
able to purchase replacement clips for these? Can these be purchased
at places like Home Depot, or do they need to be ordered from the
manufacturer of the fixture bracket.

IMHO:

One thing that helped me when removing the lights, after installing,
slide the clip down as low as possible without tryinjg to retract it,
then use a sharp screwdriver to pry it back. This is what I did.

As for replacement, I thought I saw the, but not sure where. Call
around.

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info