Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default ? wiring tankless electric water heaters

Actually, a professional would do a load calculation and determine exactly
what size service is needed, but as I stated, and I'm also quoting the
manufacturer, 200 amp would be a minimum

wrote in message
ups.com...

RBM remove this wrote:
There is a difference between models for heating water and domestic
water,
there are also a number of sizes and wattages. You need to determine what
you're going to use it for, and how much water you need it to produce,
then
you need an electric service of adequate size. Some domestic units run at
28KW, or 116 amps @240 volt, which would require your house service to be
minimum of 200 amps

Actually you would need TWO mains one just for heating water!

116 amps or water leaves little to run the entire remainder of home
which is today generally 200 amps. you dont want to be at 200 amps all
the time.

you will need a pair of 200 amp main services one just for heating water