Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mike vore mike vore is offline

Default Cole Jaws

Woodborg wrote:
Hi
I finally recieved my cole jaws for the supernova 2 chuck. My question
to you all is; do you keep them on and then mount the normal jaws onto
the cole jaws or take em off after use.
I ask this as they have written on them, not to exceed 600rmp but tell
you to mount the normal jaws on them, but if you then spindle turn with
them on at 2000rmp...........
Mark

I don't know how the Nova's are built. My OneWay's don't have a way to have
both mounted at once. But yes, take them off when you're not using them. Even
if you only turn under 600rpm. Those Cole Jaws get in the way! Sort of like a
rotating headstock. It's awfully hard to get at the bottom of a bowl.

Yes, it's a pain to have to undo 8 screws each time I unmount a jaw set and 8
more to mount the new ones. Then another 8 to re-adjust the rubber "grabbers"
(maybe twice if I guess wrong.) It makes me want to find another chuck body
just for the colejaws

--
Mike Vore
http://www.OhMyWoodness.com