Pete Logghe

Default Bridgeport Conversion Torque Reqm't

(Jeridiah) wrote in message . com...
I am considering doing a CNC conversion on an older Bridgeport. I am
wondering what the torque reqm't would be for stepper drives. I have
some 300 oz steppers, but I don't think they would be big enough.
Maybe ok for the X/Y, but definetly not for the Z(if I move the knee).

Anyone out there have a good number to stick to these? For now, I
plan to use the stock ACME screws, but would like to upgrade to
ballscrews at some point. I know that the ACME screws are going to
have a higher torque reqm't.

JW

You could use them with a 2:1 reduction.
WHEN(not if) you want more speed, go for it.
In the meantime, you stated that you already have the
smaller motors. You will learn alot just from the
experience of getting them working.

Pete