Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] p.k.ellis@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Running Wire inside basement walls

I have concrete block walls in my basement and instead of finishing the
walls with studs and drywall, I decided to simply chip out holes in the
block for the outlets and run the wire down from the top through the
walls. Before I do this to any outside walls, I want to make sure that
it's OK to do this. Will it affect my foundation at all to have a few
holes in the block? So far it's pretty easy and looks really nice once
you paint the walls and everything -- the best part is that I don't
have to worry about water damage to any walls if there should ever be
flooding!