Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Gas or Electric Heat?

"Doug" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 21:39:14 -0500, "Colbyt"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On 8 Dec 2006 11:57:25 -0800, "
wrote:

Which is cheaper, Gas or Electric?
I've got about 5 space heaters of various types in my house, but I
rarely turn them on because it seems like the Gas furnace is keeping up
well.

My furnace is about 3 years old, and is marked with an energy guide
sticker that says it's not all that efficient, though I'm not sure if
that's because the air conditioning uses a bunch.

Electric always costs more. The heat at the power company turns into
electric and you are turning that electricity back in to heat. It's
not efficient.

At 7 cents per KWH or less electric heat may well be cheaper than NG, oil
and for sure propane.

And yes that rate is available.

Colbyt

WHERE????

Doug

Central Kentucky KU Energy Actual bill 10/26/06

base rate (not full electric) 0.053629343629344 per KWH
Actual rate with all the crap and taxes added on 0.068429858429858 per KWH

Total electric is a little cheaper.

Colbyt