Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default (cargo?) WARM HEAVY work-pants? (google not much help)

Am looking for heavy-duty **warm** work-pants, and can't
so far find much somewhat near the top of a google search.

Years and years (30?) ago I bought such a pair, outside
made of something strong, like canvas, maybe, with a quilted
semi-sweat-impermeable-covered thickish lining.

So tough that I probably could have walked through a
patch of catclaw without tearing it.

And WARM.

Partly due to the lining, and partly (or mainly?) due to
the *weight* of the material, which helps lower *radiative*
heat loss.

These days, however, I seem to find only cheap, thin stuff,
(easy to tear, wear holes into, etc)
and if with lining, then only with "fleece", which in my
experience will stretch and of course provides a ZERO
*radiative* heat-loss barrier.

QUESTION: In northern Minnesota or Alaska, say, what do
outdoor workers wear?

Or steel-workers 50 stories up, with wind-chill at -30 --
what do *they* wear?

Brands, places, prices?

THANKS!

David