Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default The 24K police shower room saga

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:16:49 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Steve Firth
saying something like:

But the same lot have also spent a fecking fortune on installing a sunshade
in the garden which they could have purchased from the most expensive
supplier in Europe for about 1/10th of the price.

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/...ess/canopy.htm

****'s sake. 7.5 grand for that? Ok, some of that will be labour, but
really. The canopy is nothing more than a bit of tarp, a few poles and
some guy wire - about 300quid max I would think.

Of course, the designer/architect's fees on top - that would really
inflate it.

Not that there should be any such fee, because the shade is a standard
off-the-peg item. In fact that particular one looks like a real rip-off,
the ones I'm used to seeing are much larger, generally mounted on 14ft
poles. Like these:

http://www.unopiu.it/scheda.asp?cate...91&modello=391