Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Time to buy a new furnace. Advice neeeded.

I agree that 13 years is not very old.

Smarty

I replaced my 21 year old Heil high efficiency 92% forced air only because
it was in a home that is sometimes empty during the winter and I did not
want to worry about it. It was still rock solid.

Repairing the faulty igniter on your furnace may be all that is needed.
"BillGill" wrote in message
Hi, well today my furnace went out. It's a natural gas forced air. I
believe the valve for the gas probably malfunctioned, as the ignitor
tries to "light" the burners, but then goes out. It's 13 years old
(same with the AC) so I believe it's time to probably replace them
both. Any advice on brands?

I'm not sure replacing a 13 year old furnace is
necessary, that isn't all that old.

Having said that, I have one piece of advice. Check to
see how loud the blower is. I got a new York furnace
last year, and the blower is louder than I expected. I
finally turned the blower speed down one notch, and it
is better, but it is still louder than I would like.

Bill Gill