Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default Time to buy a new furnace. Advice neeeded.

wrote:
Hi, well today my furnace went out. It's a natural gas forced air. I
believe the valve for the gas probably malfunctioned, as the ignitor
tries to "light" the burners, but then goes out. It's 13 years old
(same with the AC) so I believe it's time to probably replace them
both.

Any advice on brands?

I'm not sure replacing a 13 year old furnace is
necessary, that isn't all that old.

Having said that, I have one piece of advice. Check to
see how loud the blower is. I got a new York furnace
last year, and the blower is louder than I expected. I
finally turned the blower speed down one notch, and it
is better, but it is still louder than I would like.

Bill Gill