Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calculating the quiescent power consumption of my house

In article ,
vortex2 wrote:
I have more wall warts and other items, permanently on in the house than
ever before and they're always warm (the linear ones at least).

ADSL Router
Ethernet switch
USB Hub
Printer
Various lights
Answering Machine
Bell Transformer
Aerial Amplifier power.
TV on standby x 2
Sky box
Bedroom Freeview box
Drill Charger
Assorted clocks/clock radios
....and no doubt lots more. The list goes on.

That's a lot of 70p's in the course of 12 months. I am going to have to
get out my Maplin power meter and add all this up. I have a hunch I am
in for a shock.

Anybody out there done this exercise for themselves? What was the
outcome?

You need to ask yourself what the options are if you actually need such
things. Some need permanent power because of clocks etc but many don't.
There's no need to leave chargers switched on when not in use, for example.

--
*I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.