Posted to alt.home.repair
DaveC DaveC is offline

Default Hammer Drill-Part 2

Thus spake CWLee:

So far everyone has mentioned a brand (with no apparent
concensus) but nothing has been said about size/type/style.
(Other than to suggest avoiding a battery pack model.)
Maybe those aren't significant variables? I'd be surprised
if there is not at least a size variation - either in the
size of the bit that it will accept, or the HP of the motor.

Whatever you decide to buy, when it comes to gifts, I look for a retailer
that will offer a cash-refund or exchange. That way you can give your son
what you think -- after your extensive research has found (c: -- a good
purchase, and if he finds he needs more he can leverage your gift to buy
"more drill".

Enjoy,
--
DaveC