Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Doug is offline

Default Gas or Electric Heat?

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 21:39:14 -0500, "Colbyt"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On 8 Dec 2006 11:57:25 -0800, "
wrote:

Which is cheaper, Gas or Electric?
I've got about 5 space heaters of various types in my house, but I
rarely turn them on because it seems like the Gas furnace is keeping up
well.

My furnace is about 3 years old, and is marked with an energy guide
sticker that says it's not all that efficient, though I'm not sure if
that's because the air conditioning uses a bunch.

Electric always costs more. The heat at the power company turns into
electric and you are turning that electricity back in to heat. It's
not efficient.

At 7 cents per KWH or less electric heat may well be cheaper than NG, oil
and for sure propane.

And yes that rate is available.

Colbyt

WHERE????