Posted to alt.home.repair
marybeth marybeth is offline

Default Dusty house

Hey Phisherman,

I'd like to know more about life in TN. I've been looking at maybe
buying some land there with the thought of moving. There's nothing
like firsthand knowledge from people who already live there.

Phisherman wrote:

I suspect your filter is not doing the job. I use a passive static
filter and clean it once a month. Carpeting, rugs, draperies. pets,
kids, parties add lots of dust. Some vacuum cleaners add additional
dust. Humidity should be 40-60%. You can consider running a
hepa-filter air cleaner. When I lived near the 5 in LA I got lots of
black highway "dust." Now that I live in the TN hills I get yellow
pollen dust in the spring--not a bad trade-off.