Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default plumbing emergency

wrote:

Water flows freely from the loft down the pipe to the airing cupboard
where there is a gate valve and the blockage is somewhere between the
gate valve and the bath. I know this because I have taken the gate
valve apart and the water is running up to that point and I have
taken the tap apart and there is no water going to it.

Which side of the gate valve did you take appart?

I ask because these things have a habit of failing in just this way -
the spindle breaks inside and they appear to open, but nothing gets
through becasue the gate is no longer attached to the tap!

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |