Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default Hammer Drill-Part 2

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:56:28 -0800, "CWLee"
wrote:

Originally I wrote:

My adult son, the amateur handyman, told me he
would like a hammer drill for Xmas. I asked him what
brand/size/model/style/color/etc and he said he didn't

know
enough to make an intelligent choice. So, I'm asking you
guys to see if there is any consensus on what to get.

All serious comments and recommendations appreciated.

So far everyone has mentioned a brand (with no apparent
concensus) but nothing has been said about size/type/style.
(Other than to suggest avoiding a battery pack model.)
Maybe those aren't significant variables? I'd be surprised
if there is not at least a size variation - either in the
size of the bit that it will accept, or the HP of the motor.

Keep those informative suggestions flowing! :-)

My chicago cheapo broke after one year and no longer hammers, but it
still drills just fine. It sound like the cheapest one you find at
home depot will work for him just fine.