Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default 75 ohm "F" connectors on TV VCR etc.

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

I served my apprenticeship many many years ago, under a wonderful field
engineer who used to tell customers, when they asked what had been wrong
with their TV so that they could tell their husbands when they got home,
that he had had to " move the hyposth-phosficator two degrees nearer to
the ecliptant, in order to improve the impactic contact."

When I was approached to buy raffle tickets at work I used to tell them I
couldn't gamble because I was a Cathode Follower. It worked.