Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default The 24K police shower room saga

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:05:37 GMT, Brian Sharrock wrote:

According to today's 'Telegraph (it must be true) something in the order of
'Police Stations' have been closed ! Lack of resources?

Loads closed around here. We haven't had a copper in the village since the
1980s nearest police station was six miles away now that has closed. All
the coppers in the nearest market town were removed from duty and within a
few weeks the place saw a murder in the street and a series of bank/shop
robberies.

The excuse given for taking coppers away was "there had been no significant
crime in the area for a number of years." Well surprise, surprise, it looks
like those coppers may well have been doing something after all.

Meanwhile spending on police headquarters goes on unabated, this being the
place clever located next to a country park, in a magnificent country home
with its own sports complex, restaurants etc. And all within easy reach of
a nice harbour and marina with numerous upper crust restaurants. Of course
the place is in a damned inconvenient location for access and for emergency
access but it *is* handy for access to two large shopping complexes.

It's comforting to know that our money is being so well spent.