Posted to uk.d-i-y
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com is offline

Default Built-in oven and hob problem

Just replaced the built-in under worktop oven with a double oven type. The
problem is the oven is much deeper than the previous single oven and because
the hob is gas the pipe and elbow coming down from the from the hob prevent
the oven from fitting.

My only option as I see it is to replace the hob with an electric type and
have a gas fitter come over and terminate the gas pipe at skirting board
level. I had initially thought that perhaps the pipe could be re-routed
closed to the wall but the gas fitting on the rear of the hob exits where
the rear of the oven is and I don't see how it could be routed so as not to
interfere with the top rear of the oven.

Before I call in a gas fitter and order an electric hob is there any other
option open to me?