Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Placement of deadbolt on door with glass panes

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:01:05 -0500, Goedjn wrote:

On 12 Dec 2006 08:07:57 -0800, wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've done that for the last twenty or so years. Deadbolts low down.
Yes, I'm a locksmith, and yes, I install deadbolts.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Chris,

Thanks for reply. I was hoping to hear from someone like yourself who
had put the deadbolt down lower on the door.

Why not go all the way, and put one that drops a pin into the
threshold, and another that puts one up into the header?
Then you can install metal brackets on either side,
and drop a (tastefully decorated) 2x4 across the doorway.

My French doors already have pins -- on the side that is not often
opened. The pins are accessed by opening the "active" side and moving
the pins, Are you saying that these can be installed as well on
the "inactive" side? Straight question.

TIA