Posted to alt.home.repair
the_tool_man the_tool_man is offline

Default Replacement washers for those braided stainless hoses

Hi all:

When I replaced my washing machine hoses 4 years ago, I used braided
stainless ones, thinking that would be cheap insurance against leaks.
The other day, I found one had started leaking around its end fitting,
so I'm looking for replacement washers. The ones that came with the
hoses are about 1" in diameter with a 5/16" inside diameter. They are
thicker in the middle, with a recess that fits against the swivel joint
in the hose end. Regular hose washers don't work because the inside
diameter is too large to seal the swivel joint (yes, I tried them).
I've been to Lowes, where I bought the hoses, but they don't stock the
washers. I've tried Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc., but no luck. I'm
about ready to just get some new hoses, but I thought I'd ask here
first. Where can you get these things?

Thanks in advance,
John.