Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
bent bent is offline

Default Damaging a counter when cutting the 45 degree of an "L" shaped countertop...

thats a great start. I wonder how accurate a cut using that layout
technique is when cutting with a circ saw?

Is this how one would approach this?:
Assuming that the ends of the counters are square and right at the ends you
could calculate the distance from the ends to the meeting inside corner,
then do the geometry twice, once on each piece, with the calculated
distances above to start the point (A) on each piece.

Wait, theres something missing. You could lay up a piece to assist layout,
but can't do both at once. I prefer calculus.

Besides the fact the cut is iffy, and the filler, overlapping glue-on may be
the way to go