Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low Voltage Disposal Control

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message

We just got rid of one of those although it was working just fine. It was
just so horribly INconvenient: there is no way to run the water and switch
on the disposer, then gradually feed a large quantity of stuff through it.
The only possible value I can see in such a thing is to prevent little
children sticking their hands in a disposer while it's running.

That is why they call it a batch feed. You put in a batch, let it go, then
add more if needed. Frankly, I've never had more than what fits in a single
batch at a time. They make different models for different people, but me,
I'd only buy the batch feed type. If you have loads of stuff to get rid of,
you should look into trash or a compost pile.

Also less chance of spoons ending up down in the disposal.