Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radiators go cold very quickly - why?

In article ,
JoeJoe wrote:
I have a brand new combi running 18 radiators + 1 shower in my house. No
complaints there.

Problem is that the radiators seem to be getting very cold very quickly
as soon as the boiler is switched off. My suspicion is that the cause
could be because some of the pipes (copper) hat feed the downstairs
radiators are not insulated. I have a 1m high space under the house,
where the pipes are located, and it is freezing cold and drafty there.

If the boiler is off there's no point in the pump running so the
temperature of pipes elsewhere shouldn't make any difference.

--
*If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.