Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default When bulb blows, earth leakage circuit breaker is tripped

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:25:17 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
MM wrote:
Sometimes when a bulb blows (ceiling light) it causes the ELCB for the
circuit to trip. That is, if the bulb is in one of the upstairs rooms,
only the upstairs lighting ELCB is tripped. The power points are
unaffected, as are the power points and lighting circuits downstairs.

Are you sure you mean ELCB? It would be an unusual domestic installation
which had these on individual lighting circuits. Sure you don't mean MCB?

Yeah, probably I do! I just mean the switches fitted as standard
nowadays where my old 1947 council house had push-in fuse holders.

MM