Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low Voltage Disposal Control

"clueless joe" wrote in message
I will buy a relay with contacts rated high enough to handle the
disposal motor inrush. (calculating this is not something I know how to
do) I would power the low voltage side with a leftover cell phone
charger, through a doorbell switch which I would mount in a convenient
and safe location. (safe means not where I could turn on the disposal
by leaning on it accidentally) I would put the relay and charger cube
under the sink, and be able to control the disposal with low voltage
and low current.
So what am I overlooking? Any input on specs for the relay?

A very complicated solution to a very simple problem. Buy a new disposal
with the switch integrated in the stopper. Just a twist and it is on.