Posted to alt.home.repair
gdwolgast gdwolgast is offline

Default cap shingles have hairline cracks. will cault fix this?

wrote:
On 11 Dec 2006 05:29:25 -0800, "gdwolgast"
wrote:

My roof is about 60 feet long and straight. Some of the cap shingles
have hairline cracks (not cracked through) at the top of the ridge.
The shingles are only 18 months old and there is no sign of leakage.
They were installed in 80 degree weather and only cracked recently.
Will a good layer of high quality caulk insure against any leakage for
the next 5-10 years? Do I have to have them all ripped out and
replaced? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Hire a professional

Wow, I can't believe I never thought of that! What a incredibly
insightful response! Thanks you SOOOOO much!