Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Placement of deadbolt on door with glass panes

I've done that for the last twenty or so years. Deadbolts low down.
Yes, I'm a locksmith, and yes, I install deadbolts.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I live in a house that approx 45 years old. The rear entry door has
glass panes and does not have a deadbolt. To improve security, I am
planning on installing a deadlock. Since the glass could be broken
and
then someone could easily unlock the deadbolt, I was planning on
placing the deadbolt closer towards the floor so that it would be very
difficult top reach. Is there any reason that I should not place the
deadbolt lower?

Thanks,
Paul