Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 120V Socket only reading 85V ???

Please remit $87.50 for internet consultation.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Geoff" wrote in message
ups.com...
Everyone pretty much nailed the simptoms of the "phantom voltage". I
plugged some Christmas lights (festive I know) into the socket and
re-read the voltage, it dropped to Zero...

I Tested HOT to Ground and get 120V.
Testing HOT to Neutral produced the 0 or 85v (phantom).

So, somewhere in the circuit the Neutral has a bad connection. I will
trace it tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your assistance...

I also read a little bit about basic home wiring, so I have a better
understanding of what is going on now....

Thanks
Geoff