Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Home Depot's pathetic web site

Before I head off to the big box stores I like to check product
availability to avoid futile trips. Last time I needed some molding and
trim pieces I checked Lowe's and got a couple pages of details on
sizes, shapes, and prices. Thought maybe HD might have something a bit
different so went to their web site, typed in molding and came up with
nada. Later I went to HD for some shop lights and checked to see if the
store carried any moldings...sure enough, they had lots of them. But
not on the web site.
Today I needed some Type B heater vent, and sure enough, Lowes had a
nice tidy listing, very informative, good prices. Checked the Big
Orange Store Site and typed in 'heater vent', 'duct work', all kinds of
related things and got only 'most popular products' not at all like
what I needed.
Apparently the web masters at HD think they are working for Macy's or
Old Navy. Odds are none of them have ever visited a construction site,
sheet metal shop or even their own warehouse. To cap it off, they state
that their software only responds to M$ IE or Netscape on PC's only,
presumably. IE has been overtaken by better browsers and lost
substantial users, and Netscape is back in the dust from what I read.
Me? I use Mac Safari.
Based on this, IMO, Tony Stewart's sponsor has a seriously out of touch
and maybe even incompetent IT department that is succeeding in driving
customers away and any eMail complaints or comments are refused by
their software.
On the positive side, the Lithonia brand shop lights I bought there
were first class and well priced.
And that's my rant.

Joe