Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Lightbulbs stuck in ceiling fan

Jethro wrote:
All my fans have same problem. When I go to change out a burned-out
bulb, it is stuck because the threads are stuck. I guess the heat
corrodes the metallic threads either in the bulb, socket or both?

I have tried WD40 some, and it helps some, but anyone have another
idea?

I bought some of this stuff a few years ago and it works great.... haven't had a
problem removing a single bulb since I started using it, and it used to be a
MAJOR problem for me.

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/s_...?lpqsv_cid=114

A little $4 tub will probably last you the rest of your life. The stuff is like
silicon grease in appearance, only it has the consistency of a hard wax. A
little goes a very long way.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com