Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Laird John Laird is offline

Default Submersible pump in shallow water

Ian Stirling wrote:

Take a sturdy rubble sack or something.
Take two 2m lengths of hosepipe, one 10cm.
Attach one length of hosepipe by whatever means to the output.
Poke the other one into the sack near the impeller.
Hotmelt the three lengths of hosepipe and the mains flex together to make
a nice clean blob.
Tape firmly the sack round this blob.

Connect hosepipe to input tap, run it for a bit, till the water starts
coming out of the short pipe.
Clamp off the short pipe somehow.
Submerge the input pipe.
Turn on.

Your middle name isn't Heath, by any chance ?

It must be early in the morning, because I've read this several times
and still can't picture what you're getting at. Probably my failing !

--
"Computers Rule 01001111 01001011"