Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Richard is offline

Default DIY electrical repairs in outbuilding and part P

David Hansen wrote:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:52:24 GMT someone who may be "The Medway
Handyman" wrote this:-

I would have guessed that horses & cattle could have taken larger shocks
than humans because of thier greater mass. How does that work?

In addition to what has been said, in a four legged animal the
current flowing between the front and back legs passes along the
main nervous system and thus may disrupt it. A human standing up
will not be affected by the potential gradient.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh