Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default granite vs. silestone which one should I get?

writes:

We will be having new countertops installed and I have done some
research regarding my options. I've found that different websites have
different information so I was hoping someone who has had actual
experience with these materials could help me.

I originally wanted granite because I was under the impression it was
low maintenance but the more I read, the more I am finding out it
stains easily. Is this true? I cook with olive oil a lot, and we have
kids who are constantly spilling the juice etc.. Is granite not a good
option for me? Wouldnt the seal protect the granite from stains? How
much does it cost to reseal and how often do you do this?

FWIW, I bought a $20 can of sealant I apply once every few months and
that can will last me the life of my counters (i.e. mylifetime).

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/