Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default refinishing hammer handle

"mm" wrote in message
news
What would you recommend to refinish a hammer handle?

I have an old ball peen hammer whose owner got it very dirty, with oil
even. Although I'm not complaining. He had the hammer for 20 to 50
years, and I got it free after he didn't need it anymore. I cleaned
all that off with a wire wheel. I'm thinking just rubbing in some
linseed oil would make it nice. What do you think?

Linseed oil would work just fine. I put some on my shovel handle many years
ago and need to reapply some every few years, but other than that the handle
feels as soft as can be. Urethane chips when you swing & miss. ;-)