Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] 2stepme@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Sony DCR-TRV900 Spinning Sound

Prior to today my camcorder was working fine. When I turned it on
today there was a very noticeable spinning sound coming from the
camera. I tried a different tape and I still have the sound. With the

on/off switch in the "Camera" position I get the spinning sound all of
the time. In the "VTR" position I get the spinning sound when I am
playing some tape or moving forward/backwards, but when I hit stop the
sound winds down. In the "Memory" position I don't get a spinning
sound. I don't know what to do with this position so I am not sure
about all operations within this switch setting. When I am in the
"Camera" position I get the spinning sound but when I open the tape
holder the sound winds down. It takes about 10 seconds for the sound
to wind down. The camera seems to be able to record and play back
video even with this sound. The sound is loud enough to hear from 15
feet away.

Could someone tell me what is causing the sound and how to find someone

to repair the camera.

Thanks so much for the help ... Michael