Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
HappyGilmore HappyGilmore is offline

Default Link belt replacement on a bandsaw and ceramic guides...

Nice review thanks.
I have been using the red Powertwist link belts for a while now.

I actually did notice a slight reduction in noise when fitted to my
machinery. Probably 10-15%.
Vibration has been reduced quite markedly however. They are great belts and
I do recomend them.

I now have them installed on my bandsaw, drill press and jointer.

Powertwist Link belt Review -
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...rtwistplus.htm

Re cermaic bandsaw guides. I have some fitted to my generic 14" bandsaw. I
have never noticed any sparks until the other day.
I think there is some conditions in which sparks are produced. I havent
narrowed it down yet but as mentioned, have been using them for about 18
months and only noticed the sparks first time recently. perhaps it is a
setup issue more than the guides themselves?

Ceramic guide block review -
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...uideblocks.htm

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor, OnlineToolReviews.com
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 110+ woodworking product reviews online!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Nova Cole Jaws
- The Dust Picker!
- Leigh D1600 Dovetail Jig