Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Replacement CH boiler

On 11 Dec 2006 09:59:40 -0800 someone who may be "CraigB"
wrote this:-

I want to retain the mains pressure hot water that I believe the
Megaflo system gives me

It is one way to get mains pressure hot water.

If you add more outlets then you may find that the cylinder is now
too small to cope with the usage pattern. If you don't want to live
with this then there are a number of options for changing the
system:

1) a larger cylinder.

2) two or more cylinders (possibly smaller than the current one),
situated to feed local rooms. This will also reduce wasted water and
heat due to long dead-legs.

3) a thermal store.

I would only recommend a combination boiler if the hot water output
was feeding a local sink and/or basin (for example a kitchen sink
and cloakroom basin). These are only filled for relatively short
periods, so the boiler will not be diverted from recharging the rest
of the system for long periods of time.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh