Posted to alt.home.repair
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default 120V Socket only reading 85V ???

ThanksWhat are the other outlets reading on each leg of your 220 in? Maybe the

transformer feeding your house is going bad on one leg? Check each leg and
if one is very dissamaler call your power company and have them look into
it.

Does the washer run OK?

Rich

Nope, washer won't run... I thought it went bad so we ran out and
bought a new one, only to find out the new one wouldnt run either.
Further investigation led me to finding the low voltage issue.

I am not having power issues anywhere else in the house, just this
single circuit.