Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default christmas lights

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:14:14 -0500, Tom The Great
wrote:

On 10 Dec 2006 18:33:59 -0800, wrote:

How can i run about six sets of christmas lights off of one outlet?

Many christmas lights say they cannont be stringed together more than
3. Also have internal fuses to pop if the plug(usually the closes to
the outlet) is overloaded.

For miniature lights, I have used up to 550 lights strung together
with no problems. The limit of 3 strings is wrong there, although it's
good for C7 and C9 lights (although the older ones with 7A fuses would
work with 4).

Read directions,

Even better, consider actual current requirements.

tom @
www.IRantAndRave.com

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"How could you ask be to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster